- At Gurtz Interiors, we make preconstruction planning a priority.
- Our BIM Operators work directly with the General Foreman in a collaborative process that brings installation knowledge to the table
- Trained BIM and CAD Operators have years’ experience
- We feel it helps the entire project team when coordination issues are solved before construction begins.
- Internal BIG room capabilities that allows for Sub to Sub coordination
- Allows us to plan manpower and material deliveries more effectively
- Tap internal company knowledge
Allows us to coordinate with other trades
- Architectural elements
- Structural Components
- Sprinkler Mains & Infrastructure
- Mechanical Duct Work
- Underfloor Plumbing and Risers
Benefits of BIM Coordination
- Easier location of design errors or indecencies that will cost significant money to fix in the final project state.
- Maximized utilization of the building space which allows for architectural elements to be added.
- Clash detection is capable of greatly reducing the number of changes that would have happened during the construction process if the clashes were not detected sooner.
- Real time construction scheduling is also one of the byproducts of BIM coordination.
- Precise material ordering and storage needs are derived through BIM Coordination
- Design modifications and/or improvements are possible thanks to the detailed mapping and extensive 3D clash detection reports.
- BIM coordination makes it easier to collaborate between different areas of the project team such as engineers, architects, sub-contractors, and so on – improving the accuracy of the design as a whole and resolving issues before they’ve become much bigger down the road.
- Multiple engineers can work on a unified model that would reflect changes from each and every one of them.
- This process many times allows for higher ceilings or architectural elements to be installed that my not have been viable prior
- Allows for a real record drawing that allows the owner or building engineer to virtually ‘fly’ through the space to diagnose problems quicker and with more accuracy
VDC – Virtual Design and Construction
- Takes the BIM Coordination process and integrates with the actual construction
- When utilized properly, VDC processes improve efficiencies on projects and in turn save money by reducing schedule.
- Allows for a significantly more accurate project schedule that foresees schedule issues
- Allows us to order the proper material and quantities. This integrates with our local suppliers and make the JIT (just in time) Delivery process a real thing
- Helps to develop methods of construction that maximize our cutting-edge Pre-Construction facility
- Allows the Superintendent to accurately project manpower requirements to streamline the project
- Helps the Project Manager integrate the submittal process with the Model and avoid ordering issues
- Integrates model into the Trimble software and allows for field layout
- Realtime project and manpower efficiency tracking
- During construction, VDC can help continue strong communication amongst the project team members by relaying status on deliveries, construction progress, potential unforeseen issues, safety concerns and quality checks.